Rookie Mag and College thoughts

It's almost the end of my first semester at UNT. It's unbelievable how much art work I've created in just a couple of months including design sculptures, figure drawings, still-life pastel work, photography collections, and other projects. 

I definitely love this school more than I should. Right now I need to stay focused even though it's almost the end of the year. I think it can be easy to slack off and especially right now since I started watching the Office. Sometimes I wonder how I am keeping a social life while worrying about all these projects. Low key.. I do lose my sanity sometimes and resort to procrastination and video games. Journaling helps my mind when I feel fed up at home.

Rookie podcasts are really keeping me happy though and I NEVER listen to podcasts. Ever. If you don't know what Rookie is, it's an amazing website that I found online that was created by a woman named Tavi Gevinson. Tavi is a big inspiration for me, because she has helped women understand that they can be whoever they want to be even if society tries to push them down. I feel like one day I would love to work for the magazine or create illustrations for their books.

The site is sort of aimed for teenage girls but I still read it even though I'm 20 since it's still really interesting and helpful for me. There's also lots of art and comics that interest me whenever I feel like having eye-candy or inspiration.
www.rookiemag.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment